Earliest Organization and Start
Contact was made with the English District of the Missouri Synod requesting assistance to form a new mission. The history of Faith Lutheran Church began March 3, 1957, when the church formally organized as a mission congregation with the assistance of Zion Lutheran Church, New Palestine, Indiana. Guest pastors served the congregation until the first-called pastor was installed on February 2, 1958.
The first church service of Faith Lutheran Church was held on Sunday, April 7, 1957 in space rented from the 7th Day Adventist Church in Greenfield. The service was conducted by the Rev. William Eifert of Indianapolis and was attended by 125 men, women, and children that shared an interest in establishing Faith Lutheran Church.
Pastoral Leadership to Date
Various guest pastors - April 7, 1957 to February 2, 1958
Rev. Paul Shipper - February 2, 1958 to June 1960
Rev. Lee Butz - March 1961 to 1988
Vicar Martin Keller - August 6, 1989 to July 22, 1990
Rev. Martin Keller - July 22, 1990 to October 1994
Rev. David Koeneman - May 7, 1995 to February 18, 2007
Rev. Wm. Daniel O'Connor - October 21, 2007 to date
Services were held at the Greenfield 7th Day Adventist Church from April 1957 to August 1963. The present church site was purchased in January 1962 and dedication of the worship space was held on August 25, 1963. Faith Fellowship Center, an all-purpose fellowship and education building, was dedicated on April 20, 1980.
In 1997, the congregational voted to begin its 1.3 million dollar building project to add a new narthex and nave area.